General settings are useful for managing your store's display, store and shop owner information, currency settings, and buying price settings. To access general settings, please click on the Settings menu and then the General sub-menu.
You can enter the store logo by uploading it. The maximum file size is 250 KB.
Your Store Name / Store Logo that you upload will appear at the top of your online store page as shown below.
Your Store Name / Shop Logo that you upload will also appear in the Open Register section of the POS application as shown below.
You can also add background photos by clicking on the section we have marked below. The maximum file size is 250 KB. Background photos will only appear on your admin webpage with the aim of beautifying the appearance of your store.
In the main panel, you can add or change your store information in the sections that we have marked as shown below.
Here are some information that you can add or change in the first section.
- Store Name: The store name that you use in your store. The store name will appear on the POS shopping receipt or on the online store if no logo is uploaded.
- ISeller Store URL: The site address used to access your online store the first time you register. The address of this store has been determined in the format of writing your store name in lowercase letters and without spaces. The store URL address cannot be changed. To use the domain you purchased, please read Domain Settings.
- Business Type: The type of business you first choose when registering is Retail / Food and Beverages / Express. The FnB and Express business types have their own special features such as Komboset Product Management and Table Plan Settings.
Here are some information that you can add or change in the next section.
- Legal Name of Business: The legal name of the business that you have registered for your store. Your legal name will appear on the payment receipt via email in the footer section.
- Phone: An active telephone number in your store. The store telephone number can be distinguished from the telephone number of the shop owner.
- Address: The address where your store sells. This address will appear on the POS receipt.
- Address: Additional address such as your house number / apartment name / store building name. You can choose whether to fill in this column or not.
- City: The city where your store is located.
- Postal/Zip Code: ZIP code for your store.
- Country: The country where your store is from.
- State/Province: Province where your shop originates.
- Website: Additional sites for your store (if any).
- Facebook: The Facebook site that you registered for your store (if any).
- Twitter: The Twitter site you registered for your store (if you have one).
You can change the contact details that you registered when you first registered for iSeller in the contact details panel as shown below.
Here are some information on the contact details panel:
- First Name: First name of the shop owner.
- Last Name: Last name of the shop owner.
- Email: The email you used for registration, this email is the email you use to enter into the web admin iSeller as the store owner. To change the store owner's email, read Change Email for Web Admin Login.
- Customer Email: Customer email is used for promotions or contact information that can be used to contact your customers.
- Phone: The phone is used as contact information for your customers to contact.
Facebook, Twitter, and Customer Email will later appear in the email footer that goes to the customer's e-mail that transacts as shown below. Customer email is included in the electronic receipt.
Standards and Formats
You can set the language, currency, SKU number, and order number format in your online store in the standard panel and format as shown below.
Here are some information that you can set in the standards and formats panel
- Language: The language you choose will affect the appearance of the web admin (also affects online shop checkout).
- Timezone: The time zone you have chosen for your store. The time displayed on reports, email notifications, orders, and web admin will use the time zone settings you choose.
- Unit System: The unit system that you choose for products in your store whether Imperial or Metric.
- Unit of Weight: Unit of weight that will automatically be selected for the product in your store. The weight of the item is used for shipping when you sell at an online store. To see the function of item weight, please read Product Weight Settings.
- Currency: To change currency, you must change your store's country information. Currency will change the appearance of POS cashiers, online stores, and reports. You can also change the format of the currency displayed by clicking Show Formatting as shown below. In the format, you can change the currency symbol and number format as needed.
- Stock Keeping Unit (SKU): The item code you choose is Manual or Automatic. If it's automatic then you can set the sequence number for starting the SKU number. Conversely, if it is manual, it must enter the SKU number one by one on the product settings page. To fill in the SKU number on the product page, read Manage Inventory.
- Order Number Format: Set the transaction order number for your store by entering the Register Prefix, Base Number and Register Suffix that you want.
In this setting, you can activate the purchase price setting feature which you can later review on the Profit & Loss Statement. To find out more about this feature, please read the Cost of Goods Setting.