This article explains how to add products into a collection using the manual collection type. When using the manual type, you have the flexibility to choose products to put into the collection one by one.
Please follow the steps below to set the product collection manually.
Go to the Product menu in Catalog and click the Collections sub-menu.
Fill in the General Information, Visibility, and Images panels for distinguish any collection.
In the Products panel, select the Manual type.
Here you can add products into this collection.
You can sort the product order by clicking the Sort by and select one of the product sorting option. Screenshot below shows the sorting option settings.
Following is explanation of the types of sorting:
- Manual: You can move and arrange the list of product any way you like, just click and hold the 3 slashes button beside a product and drag it up or down to the place you want in the list.
- Best Selling: This will sort the products based on sales of these products. Starting from the highest to lowest. The collection will be automatically updated when there is a sale of goods.
- Alphabetically A-Z: This will sort the products alphabetically based on product name. Starting with A to Z.
- Alphabetically Z-A: This will sort the products alphabetically based on product name. Starting with Z to A.
- Price Lowest to Highest: This will sort the products based on selling price. Starting from lowest to highest.
- Price Highest to Lowest: This will sort the products based on selling price. Starting from highest to lowest.
- Date Oldest to Newest: This will sort the products based on the date of manufacture of the product. Starting with the product that was first loaded.
- Newest to Oldest Date: This will sort the products based on the date of manufacture of the product. Starting from the most recent entered product.
- Random: This will sort the products randomly.
Click Save to apply the addition of the new collection.