This article explains how to add products into a collection using the automatic collection type. Automatic collection type allows you to automatically assign products into a collection based on preset conditions.
Please follow the steps below to set the product collection automatically.
Go to the Product menu in Catalog and click the Collections sub-menu.
Fill in the General Information, Visibility, and Images panels for distinguish any collection.
In the Products panel, select the Automatic type.
In the Conditions panel, you can do things like:
Determine the Conditions to apply
You can apply the conditions of the collection settings to the part that we marked with the red box in the image below.
- If the All Conditions button is selected, a product must meet all the grouping conditions specified below to be included into this collection.
- If the Any Condition button is selected, any product that meet any one of the grouping conditions specified below will be include into this collection.
Determine Grouping Conditions
In the panel that we have marked, you can set the grouping conditions.
You can choose filtering products that will be applied to the collection such as:
- Product Title: The system will filter according to the product name with operator you selected.
- Product Type: The product type that you filled in the product organization section. The system will filter according to the product type and operator you selected.
- Vendor: The vendor name that you have entered in the product organization section. The system will filter according to the vendor and operator you selected.
- Price: The system will filter according to the product price and operator you selected.
- Tags: Details of the tags that you fill in the product organization section. The system will filter according to the tags and operators you selected.
- Weight: The weight range of the product that you will automatically enter into the collection.
- Value Variant: The value of the variant that you filled in the product. The system will filter according to the value of the variant and operator you selected.
The way the products will be filtered into the collection is based on the operator.
The value for the grouping conditions you enter.
In this example we will include all of Aksesoris and Jaket Pria product types into a collection named Diskon 25%.
- Step 1: Select "Any Conditions" as the conditions under which the product is specified.
- Step 2: Select the Product Type as a condition to be grouped into a collection
- Step 3: Select Aksesoris as values to group into collections
- Step 4: Click Add Option to enter choice for men's jacket product types
- Step 5: Please repeat Step 1 and Step 2 for the second panel.
- Step 6: Select Jaket Pria as values to be grouped into collections
- Step 7: Click Save to apply the addition of the new collection.
Below screenshot shows the collection setting page for adding all Aksesoris and Jaket Pria product types into a collection named Diskon 25%. Once the info is confirmed, click Save.
Once saved, the products panel will show all products from Aksesoris and Jaket Pria included in this collection.
You can sort the product order by clicking the Sort by and select one of the product sorting option. Screenshot below shows the sorting option settings.
- Best Selling: This will sort the products based on sales of these products. Starting from the highest to lowest. The collection will be automatically updated when there is a sale of goods.
- Alphabetically A-Z: This will sort the products alphabetically based on product name. Starting with A to Z.
- Alphabetically Z-A: This will sort the products alphabetically based on product name. Starting with Z to A.
- Price Lowest to Highest: This will sort the products based on selling price. Starting from lowest to highest.
- Price Highest to Lowest: This will sort the products based on selling price. Starting from highest to lowest.
- Date Oldest to Newest: This will sort the products based on the date of manufacture of the product. Starting with the product that was first loaded.
- Newest to Oldest Date: This will sort the products based on the date of manufacture of the product. Starting from the most recent entered product.
- Random: This will sort the products randomly.